Reconfiguring Instrument cluster with Tech2 and TIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could get the 3 day subscription for $55 or so and make sure everything is updated, it's possible the Tis2000 is just not up to date anymore. What software in your Tech2? 33.004?

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, my Tech2 has version 33.004. If I was certain that the subscription would do the trick, I would consider spending the money, but my understanding is that no new updates for 2006 and older vehicles have been released since this version. Also, I know that people have been doing this since back when TIS2000 was the newest tool, so I believe that it should be doable.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Today I tried to use a Denali VIN to load the IPC software from TIS2000 into the Tech2 and then reprogrammed the cluster with with it. Still no Trans Temp. Even though the Tahoe and Yukon Denali seem to use the same software part number, I thought maybe there was something about the VIN that caused a gauge option for the Trans Temp to be set during programming. However, that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm running out ideas for how this is done.

Cmon, Doug! Think harder!!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to bring back an old thread and my question is a little off topic but related. Sorta.... lol did you rebuild your Tahoe’s current gauge cluster? Or a new cluster and added the trans temp. Programming wise, are you able to program the correct mileage into the DIC? Or is that different?

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to bring back an old thread and my question is a little off topic but related. Sorta.... lol did you rebuild your Tahoe’s current gauge cluster? Or a new cluster and added the trans temp. Programming wise, are you able to program the correct mileage into the DIC? Or is that different?

I was replacing the stepper motors and a couple of bulbs in my cluster, and decided to add the trans temp gauge while I had it apart. As has been discussed on this forum, sometime in 2004 it appears that GM changed things and you could no longer just add the gauge, the cluster software also has to be told that the gauge is there in 2005-2006 Tahoes. I have a Tech2 and tried reprogramming my cluster several different ways to attempt to get the gauge working, but I never saw any place to turn it on in the programming. Same thing for setting the mileage, I never found anywhere in the Tech2 programming interface to do that either. And apparently, the people that do know the secret are pretty tight-lipped about it, as I have never found a description of how to do it. Sorry.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was replacing the stepper motors and a couple of bulbs in my cluster, and decided to add the trans temp gauge while I had it apart. As has been discussed on this forum, sometime in 2004 it appears that GM changed things and you could no longer just add the gauge, the cluster software also has to be told that the gauge is there in 2005-2006 Tahoes. I have a Tech2 and tried reprogramming my cluster several different ways to attempt to get the gauge working, but I never saw any place to turn it on in the programming. Same thing for setting the mileage, I never found anywhere in the Tech2 programming interface to do that either. And apparently, the people that do know the secret are pretty tight-lipped about it, as I have never found a description of how to do it. Sorry.
I read the part about the trans temp. Good info to read. I was just thinking if there’s way to avoid going to the stealership to have my rebuilt cluster programmed I was gonna try. But no such luck especially cuz I don’t have access to a tech2. But thought I would ask anyways. Lol. Thanks for the info friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy