Recirculated air button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have problems with their recirculated air button not functioning? When mine is on i still smell the exhaust fumes from other car. It is a 2016 yukon denali.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the air door actuator isn't functioning. If it is under warranty, you could see if the dealership will fix it. There may be a code set by the BCM (body control module). There may be a sensor that tattles if the door does't move correctly. Less than 35K miles it should be under warranty.

padosd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2016. No noise that the actuator is working. No difference when trying to prevent exhaust fumes from coming in. Does not affect the air conditioning either. No change in air output. (Max air versus normal a/c)

I am also starting to think that this is the reason why my truck doesn't reach operating temps in frigid weather. The recirc door should be closed to get the most heat into the cabin. If it stays open, then the frigid air is mixing with the hot air that the hvac is trying to produce, hence the system acting like the outside radiator lowering coolant temperature.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...perating-temperature-in-colder-weather.89463/

16SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed that no matter what I do to the HVAC settings to include off, at highway speeds air passes through and either freezes or bakes the truck. End up having to turn on the air, dial in a comfortable temp and then shut it back off or close my vents which just pumps it out more somewhere else. Seems silly that I can't turn off the air completely and not have it pass through. Especially on a 2016. Don't have this issue with my 2006 silverado.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that no matter what I do to the HVAC settings to include off, at highway speeds air passes through and either freezes or bakes the truck. End up having to turn on the air, dial in a comfortable temp and then shut it back off or close my vents which just pumps it out more somewhere else. Seems silly that I can't turn off the air completely and not have it pass through. Especially on a 2016. Don't have this issue with my 2006 silverado.

I thought I was the only one.... So far my only complaint with my truck.

16SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one.... So far my only complaint with my truck.

Nope, your not alone lol. Yeah I have figured out a balance with the heated and cooled seats depending whether or not it's winter or summer to overcome it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu