Rearend lift, skyjacker questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm interested in finding what's the difference other than load in the rear coils of a suburban vs a Tahoe?

The main reasoning I'm curious is I need to lift the rear end of my truck 4-5" and I don't want to go with a 3" spacer, I am okay with 2".

I'm looking into using either skyjacker c25r w/ 2" spacer for 4.5" of lift or c50r coils for 5" of lift no spacer in the rear

If anyone can lend any advice or experience it would immensely helpful

I'm also assuming that I'll need a track/pan hard bar from sphon as well, is there anything else that I would need in addition?

2WD

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they're just a stiffer spring is all.

For your rear lift options you're looking into, for me it would come down to price of the components. If the 5 inch coils are cheaper the the other coils and spacers then that would be the way to go for me.
With coils some people prefer no spacer and all spring lift because its a more "sound" way of lifting the vehicle, just like some people prefer complete new leaf springs for their pickup rather then blocks. Either way they both get the job done and will look great when everything is said and done.

I would expect to have to purchase a new trackbar and possibly longer shocks as well and sway bar links

OP
OP
OhFourChevy

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they're just a stiffer spring is all.

For your rear lift options you're looking into, for me it would come down to price of the components. If the 5 inch coils are cheaper the the other coils and spacers then that would be the way to go for me.
With coils some people prefer no spacer and all spring lift because its a more "sound" way of lifting the vehicle, just like some people prefer complete new leaf springs for their pickup rather then blocks. Either way they both get the job done and will look great when everything is said and done.

I would expect to have to purchase a new trackbar and possibly longer shocks as well and sway bar links

Yeah I forgot to mention,

I already have

Re-indexed keys ( lowest setting was +1" over rear end) that's why I'm looking for a different rear lift option because my 2" spacer and z71 coils aren't going to work any more when I throw on the 3" spindle/knuckle I have.

I have waiting to be installed (time/money)

3" spindle
Cognito front sway links
Warrior TJ rear links
2in rear coil spacer
Bilstein 5100s all around, (will now need shock extenders because I'm past the point of return for switch from 3" -> 5"/6")
New factory Jounce bumpers

Coming soon

Moog parts
- problem solver UCAs
- pitman arm
- idler arm
- tie rod ends
Working on replacing all suspension, but I think that's a good start

Does anyone prefer AC Delco over Moog?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members