Rear wiper problem, have tried all the common fixes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2006 Tahoe LT, 105K miles, mostly stock with exception of some creature comforts like BT and tint.

I replaced my rear wiper motor about 4 months ago. After I replaced it and it was still not functioning I found the threads on the burnt ground wire at the liftgate harness and fixed that. New motor worked great. About 2-3 weeks ago the motor made a bunch of racket when I turned it on, then it stopped working. Took it back to AA under warranty, replaced with another reman Valeo motor, and still nothing. The motor makes a ticking sound when the switch is on. I went ahead and grounded the harness plug for the motor to the door to eliminate the chance of a bad ground. Fuses are all good. I took apart the harness plug and tightened all the connections as well. I've got 12v on the Orange, the pink/black when the liftgate and glass are closed, and the grey when the switch is activated. The green wire has 12v when the washer is activated. Still no movement in the arm. (Yes, I tested with the liftgate and the glass closed) I have not bench tested the current motor, but I find it hard to believe I've had 3 bad motors in 6 months. The rear defrost works fine, and I haven't had any issues with my fog lamps. I'm stumped! Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!