Rear window switch help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vannatte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to assist my dad who has a 2016 Tahoe PPV with a dog cage. The rear window switches keep going bad due to the moisture created from the A/C being on all the time for his dog. Can you buy dummy switches for the rear windows that don't have circuit boards in them? Or does someone on here have any they want to part with?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I am trying to assist my dad who has a 2016 Tahoe PPV with a dog cage. The rear window switches keep going bad due to the moisture created from the A/C being on all the time for his dog. Can you buy dummy switches for the rear windows that don't have circuit boards in them? Or does someone on here have any they want to part with?

If you're wanting dummy switches, what's the difference from just having bad ones in there?

OP
OP
V

vannatte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing I thought, but with those switches bad, even the master switch cannot operate them. I believe it is causing an incomplete circuit situation.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
539325_4515280558844_823217039_n.jpg

same set up in two of my trucks now. Same problem. I wrapped the switches in the first PPV inside a rubber glove and sealed them up. this would work for a few months to a year. On my new set up i drilled a hole threw the interior sheet metal door skin and pulled the switches inside the truck and made a small metal box. This has lasted two years no issues.

It sucks that we can't just eliminate the rear switches all together

Oh and by the way the switches are going bad because they are now exposed to the wet side of the door were moisture and heat are constant. Nothing to do with the ac being on. in stock form the switches sit inside the vehicle within the dry side of the seals and moisure barriers on the doors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep