Rear Window Defogger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanch44

Reaction score
One of my Rear Window Defogger cords broke away from wondow Bracket !!! '15 Tahoe 50,000 Miles . I Heard the cord banging around and thought it came unplugged but not the case !!! Can this be replaced without replacing the window as it looks like it is in cased in the window .

OP
OP
Blanch44

Blanch44

Reaction score
Probably happened because of the Rough Ride !!! Can't wait for the New Belltech shocks and Front Coil overs from Norcal.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my Rear Window Defogger cords broke away from wondow Bracket !!! '15 Tahoe 50,000 Miles . I Heard the cord banging around and thought it came unplugged but not the case !!! Can this be replaced without replacing the window as it looks like it is in cased in the window .
The dealer might be able to fix it. I had the same problem on my 08 Suburban. They fixed it for a while, but eventually had to replace the rear glass.

Jag965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
had mine fixed a couple days ago from the dealer at no charge.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I just ordered this Frostfighter kit recently. There are other styles of tab they offer on that site, for Honda, etc that change the connection angle to vertical that will work on our trucks. The vertical angle will reduce the stress on the welds to the glass. And stretch the wires a bit to reduce the strain.

Good fortune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you use the FrostFighter it will last forever, that stuff is strong. No need to change any angles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts