Rear view mirror question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking for this for a long time. This is going on my weekend list.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

novashards

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the information posted here in this thread. I just completed this repair on my flickering rear view mirror. I dismantled the mirror down to just the two circuit boards and the display (which are all connected). I removed the rubber pieces. I could not find any cracked solder so I figured I'd just attempt to fix all joints at once. I then placed the circuit board into a preheated 200 degree oven on cardboard (a non-conductive surface, you want to support as much of the multi level surface as possible to avoid any warping as joints heat up) for 9 minutes. I let it cool completely outside the oven and then put it back together. All seems to be working great!

P.S. I've successfully completed a similar repair with the oven on a PS3 motherboard so that's why I thought of it.

update: no go, fix did not last.

Last edited:

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my 2004's rearview mirror except the OnStar buttons also don't light up. I'm hoping those are connected. I cracked mine open but mine only has 2 components labelled 4R3. They're also in different locations from yours. Should I still try and reflow those 2?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
geez, my solution
1. remove malfunctioning mirror
2. go to junk yard and match it up with a used one
3. throw old mirror in garbage
4. install new-used mirror
5. drive happy :)
lol, I think the guy charged me $10

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
geez, my solution
1. remove malfunctioning mirror
2. go to junk yard and match it up with a used one
3. throw old mirror in garbage
4. install new-used mirror
5. drive happy :)
lol, I think the guy charged me $10

But how do you how everything works on the junk yard mirror since this was a common problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid