Rear view mirror question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
707Tahoe

707Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't done anything yet as I got busy. I'm looking to try smaller solder. The solder I'm using takes to long to heat, and when it does I have trouble keeping it neat

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cheat, I just melt a tad bit of solder to the tip of my gun and then reflow the solder on the board. Works great!

OP
OP
707Tahoe

707Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You know thats not a bad idea. Might have to try that out. I'll wait till I get the smaller solder first just incase I can't get it to work right.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pay for shipping both ways and send it to me, I'll reflow the joints for you and get it working if that's the problem it has! Just an idea!

OP
OP
707Tahoe

707Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update I finally got the correct size solder and reflowed ALL joints. We'll see how this works seeing as its a hot weekend

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update I finally got the correct size solder and reflowed ALL joints. We'll see how this works seeing as its a hot weekend

So does it seem to be working correctly now, didn't it start flashing or something when you first tried to reflow the solder?

OP
OP
707Tahoe

707Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup its all good now. I even did the reflow of the joint for my PRNDL light in the cluster and got that back working also. Thx for the info

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on, glad it all worked out in the end! Mine still has worked flawless so I knew that was gonna be the solution for you as well! Love it when a plan comes together! :happy160:

John Bragg

Reaction score
Good info this issue had been bothering me since I bought mine. Once some warmer weather comes I am definitely gonna try this those lights coming on and off drive me crazy lol

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info this issue had been bothering me since I bought mine. Once some warmer weather comes I am definitely gonna try this those lights coming on and off drive me crazy lol

Super easy to take out of the truck and work on it indoors! If and when you do, could you please update your results on here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd