Rear view mirror question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
707Tahoe

707Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So it didn't work...completely. I'm going to pull it back apart and redo all the solder joints as I just picked one that I thought was cracked. Couldn't see any obvious cracks, but I thought I saw one. However now it doesn't shut off, but keeps flashing. The change tells me I'm on the right track tho

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it didn't work...completely. I'm going to pull it back apart and redo all the solder joints as I just picked one that I thought was cracked. Couldn't see any obvious cracks, but I thought I saw one. However now it doesn't shut off, but keeps flashing. The change tells me I'm on the right track tho

I agree, since you did reflow some solder and it acts different, then you are on the right track! When you did it, did you get all 6 joints or just the one that you thought was cracked?

I circled the joints that you need to reflow for sure, do all 6! Just get the solder to puddle up, make sure it puddles up evenly without having to keep heat to it too much! The original guy that posted the pic had the red arrowed joint broken on his while mine was the yellow one, mine wasn't as obvious as his was but we both did all 6 joints and haven't had a problem since!

If you have any questions, snap a pic of your mirror motherboard like the one that I sent you and I'll check it out for you, maybe also an after pic of your soldering so I can compare would be great!

Attachments

• Tahoe_mirror_solder.jpg
    Tahoe_mirror_solder.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 133

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I have the same issue. My compass always says SW and the temp display only works when it's above 55*. The rest of the time, all the digits are lit.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very well could be Jae, it really is easy to do the reflow trick with the mirror!! Crack yours open and check it out, reflow all 6 spots that I circled and see if it solves your problem!

OP
OP
707Tahoe

707Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my circuit board. Another thing I noticed is I don't have the problem at night. The 4R3 is where I thought I had a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 79

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my circuit board. Another thing I noticed is I don't have the problem at night. The 4R3 is where I thought I had a problem.

Which 4R3 were you referring to since there are 3 of them? lol

I'd be reflowing all 6 of the joints and possibly adding a tad bit of new solder to each one as you reflow them! If your problem got worse from only doing one of the 6, then you are indeed on the right track and you know that the one you did needs to be redone!

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Too bad you don't live in Oregon, I'd resolder it for you if you did! :sad72:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts