Rear Spoiler/Third Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Decrow

Reaction score
Hi Brandon,
I know this thread is old, but did you ever find a way to fix or remove your spoiler/third brake light. My brake light is loose, I see hex head screws under the lens. Does the lens come off so you can tighten them or do you have to remove the whole spoiler. Thanks

Rickz04Yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Brandon,
I know this thread is old, but did you ever find a way to fix or remove your spoiler/third brake light. My brake light is loose, I see hex head screws under the lens. Does the lens come off so you can tighten them or do you have to remove the whole spoiler. Thanks

I have the same issue, did anyone figure this out? I only see two bolt screws on each end at the top of the tailgate. Guessing they hold down the spoiler at each end, but what about the middle?

jennifer_w

Reaction score
It fit great and looked good but it only 17 months. There are many many lights on this (2001) truck that have never had to be replaced.

I would expect that an LED upgrade would last longer than an incandescent bulb. All of the lights in the unit are out so I suspect that the LED driver went out.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
09 Tahoe Hybrid. I just had a new fixed rear glass installed in my rear lift gate (to repair a non-functioning rear defogger) I did not watch real closely but I saw the guy remove the spoiler in order to install the glass, it looked like it only had a single bolt at each end and then push clips, so it pops right off after the bolts at each end are removed. Looks like the LED brake light is an easy replacement item if you can find one at a reasonable cost. There are lots of unique parts and pieces on these Hybrid units if mine ever dies I am parting it out, it will be worth more "Dead than Alive" LOL It might die tomorrow but right now the silly thing has 198k miles on it and runs just like a top. Amazing technology Great job GM and they did the design and execution right in the middle of corporate bankruptcy in 08. If you own one of these you probably realize better than anyone that the GM cost to manufacture these units was way over the MSRP, these things were a bargain then and now you can pick one up for a little bit of nothing in the used truck market. I love this ole ** it seriously makes me smile every-time I turn the key and hear the whirring electric motor and see that COOL Hybrid display. Awhhhh life is good.
IMG_6820.jpg
IMG_6752.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins