Rear seat removed. Loss keyless entry.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolf1340

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took out my third row seat(2017). Now my keyless entry won’t work. Anybody else have this issue? Is there a fix for it? If not I’ll try taking the electronics from the seat and plugging it back in. And see what that does and go from there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think removing your seat's would have even a smidge of anything to do with keyless entry.

OP
OP
wolf1340

wolf1340

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think removing your seat's would have even a smidge of anything to do with keyless entry.
You wouldn’t think so. But, it only happened as soon as I removed it. And there is a significant sized module under the seat.

OP
OP
wolf1340

wolf1340

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Once I have some free time I’ll try to separate the module from the seat and plugging it. See what happens.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wouldn’t think so. But, it only happened as soon as I removed it. And there is a significant sized module under the seat.
the seat doesn't just pull out for more storage room? my 2012 seats all come out with a handle except the front seats

OP
OP
wolf1340

wolf1340

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the seat doesn't just pull out for more storage room? my 2012 seats all come out with a handle except the front seats
No unfortunately they don’t. Bolted to floor. And, don’t lay flat when folded down. ****** design.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm I poked around on another forum about taking out the 3rd row seats and no one mentioned it doing anything to the keyless entry, I presume yours must have the power fold? if so the electronics are probably just to power the seat motors. I still don't think it has anything to do with keyless entry, the antenna should be up front inside a quarter panel so I don't think there going to be related at all, one way to verify I guess is to just set the seat back in there and plug it in but I think it may just be a coincidence.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No unfortunately they don’t. Bolted to floor. And, don’t lay flat when folded down. ****** design.

Maybe the kind of airbags back there prevent them from being removed. It has been my experience that those fold flat seat are much less comfortable for adults. A flat floor comes with many other trade offs.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm I poked around on another forum about taking out the 3rd row seats and no one mentioned it doing anything to the keyless entry, I presume yours must have the power fold? if so the electronics are probably just to power the seat motors. I still don't think it has anything to do with keyless entry, the antenna should be up front inside a quarter panel so I don't think there going to be related at all, one way to verify I guess is to just set the seat back in there and plug it in but I think it may just be a coincidence.

The module is just for power fold. I took my seat out and did not affect keyless entry AT ALL.

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I soo want to take out that third row the tilted cargo area is driving me NUTS!!!! How bad was the mod?