Rear Seat Entertainment Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mowrer7

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with their rear seat DVD not always working?

Okay, kids are in the car DVD plays no problem, we get home and shut the car off. Next time in the car, kids aren't with me, so I close the rear screen and pause the movie on the front screen and switch to radio. Now kids are back in the car, I open the rear screen and nothing (usually the GMC Intellilink screen flashes across it). I try to switch to the DVD up front and it freezes for about a minute then I can switch back to radio (or whatever) but DVD still won't play. Turn car off, exit, hop back in, start it up and that sometimes fixes it, but not always...

I have found that ejecting and reinserting the DVD usually fixes it too, but then it looses it's place in the movie...

2016 GMC Yukon SLT

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had that specific issue per say but I've run into issues where the movie has frozen completely (ironically enough my daughter was watching Frozen!) and I had to eject the SD card and re-insert it to get the movie to play again. I've also had where we'll exit the truck (and it's turned off completely) and when we start the truck back up as well as the movie it has reverted back 15-20 minutes in the movie. GM's RSE leaves much to be desired...

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
I've experienced similar issues. I just dropped my vehicle off at the dealer for recall and XM radio issues and explained some issues with the RSE i am experiencing (dvd kind of locks up like the OP). The service advisor said there was a software update that should address the issues. We shall see

OP
OP
mowrer7

mowrer7

Reaction score
I've experienced similar issues. I just dropped my vehicle off at the dealer for recall and XM radio issues and explained some issues with the RSE i am experiencing (dvd kind of locks up like the OP). The service advisor said there was a software update that should address the issues. We shall see

Please let me know if it helps.

jmellon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. I took it into the dealer and after they looked at it, they said I overloaded the system with too many devices plugged into the USB and media ports. I had an SD card with movies loaded, a USB stick with music on it, a couple of charging cables and a cable to attach Android Auto. They said they unplugged everything, reset it and it started working. Since then, I have plugged everything back in and haven't had any problems. Their explanation doesn't make sense to me, especially since it hasn't happened again since I plugged everything back in, but it is an easy thing for you to try in case it does fix your issue.

OP
OP
mowrer7

mowrer7

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. I took it into the dealer and after they looked at it, they said I overloaded the system with too many devices plugged into the USB and media ports. I had an SD card with movies loaded, a USB stick with music on it, a couple of charging cables and a cable to attach Android Auto. They said they unplugged everything, reset it and it started working. Since then, I have plugged everything back in and haven't had any problems. Their explanation doesn't make sense to me, especially since it hasn't happened again since I plugged everything back in, but it is an easy thing for you to try in case it does fix your issue.

Thanks for the info, only thing I have plugged in is a cable for charging my phone/Android Auto. But I'll try unplugging it, it's worth a shot.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Just got my vehicle back. They did a software update on the Infotainment system (per my service advisor) so far so good.

OP
OP
mowrer7

mowrer7

Reaction score
Sitting here @ dealership after receiving a call that they had it fixed. I tried it b4 I left & of coarse I'm still having the same problem. So they took it back again to look @ it...

jonsharp2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2016 Denali that will be at the dealer tomorrow. Second row screen will not turn on. Will not respond to remote power on, and 3rd row does respond so I know the remote is good.

OP
OP
mowrer7

mowrer7

Reaction score
I've had it in 2 separate times where the kept it for the whole day with no solution. I've made up my mind that it is the screen, but they have to send in a request for approval to replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu