Rear sagging after Bilstein 4600 install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cinaibur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I installed new Bilstein 4600's on my 02 Yukon SLT. The ride quality is massively improved over the blown OEM struts with 200k miles on them. However, I think the rear end is sagging a bit. It's hard to tell, but I think the rear is sitting a little lower than the front. I did not have the z55 autoride, so I didn't convert the rear springs to z71's. I hooked a trailer to it, and it pulled great, but it definitely seemed lower than it should. Are my rear springs just worn out?

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have RPO zw7 premium smooth ride? If so, then you need to replace springs.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Do you have RPO zw7 premium smooth ride? If so, then you need to replace springs.
I have the zw7 on my 03 How, and I went to kyb shocks, while using the original springs. Those springs are soft, and with the kyb installed it was a scary ride. The rear was jumping all over the place. I put lowering springs in the rear and it firmed it up really nice. If you're using the stock springs I'd swap them out for something a little stiffer/firmer.

OP
OP
C

cinaibur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Sorry, I didn't mean z55, I meant I don't have zw7. I checked the glove box when purchasing. The ride quality feels totally fine. The rear doesn't act weird when driving, it just seems a little low. It slight enough that it's hard for me to tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons