rear liftgate button removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine wouldn't push in. I even beat it with a block of wood and a hammer still nothing

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace mine and I needed to take off the rear hatch plastic cover. I was not able to to just replace the little part that was broken, I had to go to the dealership and get a new assembly. $287 ouch...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get it out you can clean it up with Apple Cider Vinegar. Drop the parts in a pan for a couple of day and use q-tips for some detailed cleaning and that should do it.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not too bad to remove, and once you take it apart it’s not too bad to put back together either as long as you pay attention to how it came apart. The easiest way to get it out of the lift gate that I have found is to remove the 3 bolts that hold the entire assembly to the lift gate, I think they’re 10mm. After that there is a tiny pin you have to push in and then rotate the button assembly and it should slide right out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts