rear liftgate button removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to figure out how to remove the button on the liftgate that opens up the rear glass. mine is full of corrosion trying to see if I can save it instead of buying a new one.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was a thread not to long ago talking about that button, seems theres a key slot under the cover but it looks horrid with out the cap. iirc you need to take off the hatch trim and then its like right there.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm able to get to it but I just don't know how to remove it from the liftgate itself. I know this picture might not be accurate but I was able to remove #17 and everything from #8 going back but everything forward of that is still attached to the liftgate 021016TC16-693.JPG

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just repaint the button? thats a lot of little parts to fumble through.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my button doesn't work and I'm trying to fix it instead of buying a new/used one

theres a few vids on yt showing how to fix it, didn't look like they had to take it all apart either to fix it. was a spring iirc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727