rear heater hoses??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a coolant leak that I tracked down to what appears to be a heater line under the truck above the exhaust. There are 2 lines there and one if leaking. Any ideas how much of a pain this is to replace? I dont see any "connectors" going forward toward the engine.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find out the size of the hose... go to hardware store and buy a BRASS male to male barbed fitting in that size, along with 2 or 4 hose clamps.

Cut line at the leak, insert barb fitting, install clamps, leak fixed under 10$..

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
is the leaking coming from above the line inside the cab or below the the body floor.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

If it is o-ringed you can maybe find and equivalent part but it looks like you have to buy the whole line. The basically clip or clamp on the frame and body.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like below the body...so its "not" the heater core itself (crossing fingers)

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
silly question,

does it leak nonstop?
Or begin leaking after rear AC is on???
Is your rear AC drain hose clogged causing the water to seep from other areas?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If it was not on a connector I would say put a piece of rubber around it and using a hose clamp to seal it short of replacing the line.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I discovered the leak while trying to figure out how my new crate motor (with 20,000 easy miles on it) was eating coolant...I notice that I go through more coolant when running the A/C.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
heat from condenser gets into the radiator which gets hotter and under more pressure thereby pushing out more coolant out of the leak spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts