Rear entertainment and backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded from my old pioneer avh8400 to the pioneer avic 8200nex. My backuo camera stopped working a while ago. Its just a black screen does that mean i need a new camera?

Also my rear entertainment has picture. But is there a way to hook up headphones so the kids can listen to a movie on the mirror mode but i can still listen to music from the speakers??

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded from my old pioneer avh8400 to the pioneer avic 8200nex. My backuo camera stopped working a while ago. Its just a black screen does that mean i need a new camera?

Also my rear entertainment has picture. But is there a way to hook up headphones so the kids can listen to a movie on the mirror mode but i can still listen to music from the speakers??

Hey! The back up camera could show black screen because its not hooked up or because its broken. If this is the one that came with the car and you are using the correct harness (maestro or PAC), you should be able to plug the RCA for camera to the back of 8200NEX and get something to show in reverse or you can put it on camera mode and reverse and even if the correct wire for powering camera isnt working, it would show something. If this does not show something as well (camera mode on and in reverse) then I think the camera is the issue.

Regarding HDMI setup (which is only way you can do mirror mode on 8200 NEX), this is the ONLY downfall with these units. Using Android Auto, you can do dual zone but when HDMI is connected, you can not. I wish this option was available but it isnt. Your best bet is to put a video on the memory card and let the dual zone work that way but with HDMI, its not an option. There is a way to project HDMI on both zones but still wont do what you want it to do. Trust I was hoping for this a swell :(

OP
OP
Chetrick87

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. When i installed the avh8400bh the backup camera was working. Then all of the sudden when i was going in reverse it wouod flicker on and off and eventually just would be black everytime. And then i put in the avic8200nex and same problem.
For the rear entertainment i do not use hdmi. I have the factory flip down screen in the back and the adapter for it to work. Its not working with the new radio but i thiught maybe i plugged the rcas into the wrong spot. Which is also with the adapter for our trucks

Johnb21

Reaction score
Hey! The back up camera could show black screen because its not hooked up or because its broken. If this is the one that came with the car and you are using the correct harness (maestro or PAC), you should be able to plug the RCA for camera to the back of 8200NEX and get something to show in reverse or you can put it on camera mode and reverse and even if the correct wire for powering camera isnt working, it would show something. If this does not show something as well (camera mode on and in reverse) then I think the camera is the issue.

Regarding HDMI setup (which is only way you can do mirror mode on 8200 NEX), this is the ONLY downfall with these units. Using Android Auto, you can do dual zone but when HDMI is connected, you can not. I wish this option was available but it isnt. Your best bet is to put a video on the memory card and let the dual zone work that way but with HDMI, its not an option. There is a way to project HDMI on both zones but still wont do what you want it to do. Trust I was hoping for this a swell :(

I am having camera issues with my NEX-4200 I recently installed in a 2005 w/bose. The camera functionality worked fine with my avh 3800bhs. This issue is that I need to turn the camera "on" in the settings menu to get the camera to work when reverse is engaged. Since, I don't want the camera on all the time, I need to "X" out the camera screen, but the camera won't work the next time I put in reverse. BTW - The camera reverse setting in the deck is "on".
Crutchfield thinks there is an issue with my reverse signal wire...The tech said that the NEX series have had some communication issues through the PAC 5 when it comes to the camera. Not sure why, but maybe the headunit and BCM aren't on the same wavelength. He suggested I find the "reverse signal" wire coming out of the BCM and try to connect directly to the headunit (eliminating the PAC 5). Anyone have some thoughts here? Thanks!