rear control arm help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

juggernaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah burning them out is actually what they say to do in the installation instructions. I appreciate all the help. the reason I'm changing them is all the bushings are old on this hoe. i don't think the previous owner greased anything really. I'm also refurbing the whole SUV because it's very clean and I think it's worth keeping versus another car payment and I can't afford a newer one.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah burning them out is actually what they say to do in the installation instructions. I appreciate all the help. the reason I'm changing them is all the bushings are old on this hoe. i don't think the previous owner greased anything really. I'm also refurbing the whole SUV because it's very clean and I think it's worth keeping versus another car payment and I can't afford a newer one.

Makes sense to me. Id do the same if i thought mine were worn. Most peoplejut boltinnew control arms

Dennis 01 yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
juggernaut did you ever install the rear control arm? Did you replace bushings or tje whole arm? Was it as easy as unbolting?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the control arms recently. Just unbolt and replace. You'll need a jack to line things up.