rear control arm help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juggernaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
has anyone replaced the bushings on their rear upper and lower control arms as well as the track bar?

I got the energy suspension kit 3.3194g for the rear and want to tackle this job.

any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

OP
OP
J

juggernaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lol that's what I figured but I just thought maybe someone has done them here and might have advice or tips. I googled it but no real info is out there or I'm not looking correctly

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol that's what I figured but I just thought maybe someone has done them here and might have advice or tips. I googled it but no real info is out there or I'm not looking correctly

Rear control arms are dead simple on these trucks. I have not done them myself, but they appear to just be a matter of unbolting them, using a shop press to knock out the old ones and in the new ones and bolting them back in place. Sorry I can't help more than that. If I find anything ill share it.

OP
OP
J

juggernaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey either way I appreciate it. does anyone know if the track bar needs to be set or anything like that? I just want to make sure I can unbolt everything one at a time and reinstall it no problem.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you mean the panhard bar then no there's no adjustment. Also no adjustment on the control arms.

OP
OP
J

juggernaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not sure if it's called the pan hard bar or track bar. in a digram I saw it said track bar but it could be called the pan hard bar. can I do this with out a press is my next question. I live in an apartment and have very limited space.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's called a panhard bar. Not sure about the press, haven't heard of anyone replacing these bushings.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can likely do withoit the press if you use some allthread and big washers. Ive done that before. A quick braaap from an impact and its in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne