Rear coil springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chadgallinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all
I need help just got a 02 tahoe z71, the rear coils are stock and super high looks like the truck is doing a nose dive, can I use regular lt coils will that even it out with the front?
Thanks

20170822_164924.jpg

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
You can turn the front susp keys and raise it up to be level and save the money. If you do go that route you have to get the truck re-alighn

OP
OP
C

Chadgallinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can turn the front susp keys and raise it up to be level and save the money. If you do go that route you have to get the truck re-alighn
Thanks,I've done that and thats all the height I get out of the front, I'm told to swap out coils with ls or lt ones, you think that will lower the rear? Thanks

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Thanks,I've done that and thats all the height I get out of the front, I'm told to swap out coils with ls or lt ones, you think that will lower the rear? Thanks

No it won't, but the ppv oem springs will, and you can find the at the junk yard for cheap, or at least cheaper than the after market ones

OP
OP
C

Chadgallinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No it won't, but the ppv oem springs will, and you can find the at the junk yard for cheap, or at least cheaper than the after market ones
Ok thanks, ive seen alot of guys use the z71 rear coils cause they want to raise the rear, i just like it leveled, thanks for your help

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

I'm not so sure about this. I think it would. Most guys report 1-1.5" gain with going from lt to Z71 springs. Don't know why the opposite wouldn't be true.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always raise the front with a new pair of torsion bar keys. Get a set that lift it a couple inches.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy a regular ol leveling kit. It will bring up the front end. If you wanted to lower the rear you could go on the lowered section of the forum and try to see what springs they use. But you have a beefy z71 with an offroad look. raise up the front end! it will look great

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
std or lowering rear spring go right in lowered to of these sky high units

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9