Rear Brakes how Much

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonM3Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is an old thread, but still worth commenting on. I do my own brake work and replaced the rear pads and rotors for $140 using Duralast Gold pads and Duralast rotors. I have actually had very good experience with this setup in other cars. Before proceeding with the work, I called my local auto shop and inquired about the cost of labor if I brought my own parts and was quoted $140 of labor to complete the job. So yeah $467 is a little high for that work especially considering that it took me 2.5 hours to complete. I would imagine a professional mechanic with a much better set-up than I have at home could probably complete that job in about 1.5 hours.

UMDSmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did all 4 rotors and pads in my driveway on jack stands in about 2-3 hours using only hand tools (my air compressor broke). The brakes on my 06 tahoe were very simple. That being said, I have a decent amount of mechanical skill.