Rear audio box system problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldinator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my Z71 2004 surburban has the rear audio jack system box for passengers, and not all of the buttons seem work on it, like the air conditioner controls and such. Is there a easy way to open it and clean it out, or am i missing a setting that i need to activate? Thank you for potential help.IMG_7583.jpeg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Probably burned up. Mine would get hot as hell and act up when trying to turn the ac up and down and it eventually give up on me. They’re typically not to difficult to swap out or atleast mine weren’t on my 07 it took a total of 10 min.

OP
OP
goldinator

goldinator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably burned up. Mine would get hot as hell and act up when trying to turn the ac up and down and it eventually give up on me. They’re typically not to difficult to swap out or atleast mine weren’t on my 07 it took a total of 10 min.
I might just get it sent to a repair place to get it fixed then, because that does make sense. Im just trying to keep everything oem, because all the new stuff is never like the original

OP
OP
goldinator

goldinator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why do those panels get so hot?
I think its the green lcd, because when i put my hand to it, its really warm on there. Maybe even a bad ground or solder.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those modules can also be a source of parasitic draw. I think Ivan at Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics had one recently, IIRC.

EDIT: this one, although the module diag is mostly in Part II. Also note that the HVAC draw is mis-understood, as the AUTO HVAC modules can take up to 4 hours or a little more to go to sleep. Mine takes about 2 hours, and I sent Ivan some detail about that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo