Rear air not cold. Front air is.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Did you replace the control module as well? It prevents it (supposedly) from happening again. See my post above with the link for part numbers.

I didn't. At the time, nobody mentioned it. I'll take a look at the link.

Thanks!

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you pull the rear passenger panel off to get to the rear HVAC you can rule out the clogged lines and see if its electrical in nature. When you pull the top black housing off (lots of little screws and a bit of a PITA) you will see the rear heater core and evaporator. If the compressor cycles on (refrigerant flowing) then the rear evaporator will get cold. If it is cold then maybe the actuator is holding the blend door to allow the air to go over the heater core and not the evaporator. Its just a flap that diverts the air. Hope this helps.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me. The valve has a screen, that was totally plugged up from leak fix. Too bad you need to recover all the Freon to replace it. And no novice A/C tech can fix it. You need an experienced guy.

Kingfish585

Reaction score
My issue is the opposite. My dash will blow cold until I set it to max 90 degrees. Gen it gets warm. My rear vents just only blow cold air. It's nice int he summer. It it's getting chilly here now. I figure it's smithing with the blend doors. I've replaced the passenger side one so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65