Rear ac not blowing cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbibb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope this is the right section to put this. I recently picked up a 99 denali, the front ac blows nice and cold but the rear ac is blowing warm air. I was under the impression it was all connected but I guess I was wrong. Any idea on what would cause this and how to fix it? Thanks guys

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Possible that there was a leak in the rear ac lines and someone probably installed a rear ac block off plate to prevent freon from leaking out

OP
OP
C

cbibb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way for me to try to find out if they did that? Or does it need to go to a shop to get checked out? I just got this truck last week. I may be mistaken but i could have sworn it was blowing cold ac from the rear when i first got it, but was blowing warm from the rear vents today

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Could be the blend door actuator. It's behind the interior panel on the pass side in the cargo area.

OP
OP
C

cbibb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks ill check that out as soon as i get a chance. Once i get to it is there any way to find out if its working? Assuming maybe i can manually move it??

Bowzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the expansion valve stuck closed or plugged with debris. It's near the rear coil. You'd have to take the charge out to disassemble and check it.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Could be the expansion valve stuck closed or plugged with debris. It's near the rear coil. You'd have to take the charge out to disassemble and check it.

Yea if you don't have the proper equipment to evacuate your ac system, you should have a shop do it for you. Not only that it be difficult to properly recharge your ac system to proper spec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14