Re: GMT900 key fob on a GMT800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so is there a reason why a 07+ key fob wouldn't work on a 2006? Do they all run on the same frequency? I was thinking since my remote starter kit that I bought will program a sequence of buttons on my factory keyfob to activate the start, wouldn't it be cool to buy a 07+ fob and program that sequence to the starter button on the newer fob? The reason I went with this particular remote starter kit was so that it would use my factory fob instead of having to have another remote attached with my factory one and carry that around all the time cuz that would probably annoy me. Lol. Am I crazy or would this actually work?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would be very cool. The caddy fobs are disappointingly exactly the same as the nbs gmc ones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the family I basically share a house with has a 2005 esky esv and her fob looks just like mine. Her key does too except that it has a caddy crest on it. I wonder if the frequency could be changed on the remote maybe?!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the family I basically share a house with has a 2005 esky esv and her fob looks just like mine. Her key does too except that it has a caddy crest on it. I wonder if the frequency could be changed on the remote maybe?!

You have to swap the innards. They don't look compatible with the button placement. Just easier to get an aftermarket system I guess.

You'd think as popular as they are people would offer a nicer looking case. All you get is color options or a carbon fiber look or american flag or something.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm something more for me to look into. Lol. I wonder if maybe an audio place might have a tool that changes the frequency.....

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still using this key and have had no problems with it!
Might look into that. I was just thinking it would be really cool to have factory fobs with the start button so when I get my remote start system install they could program just a sequence with that button. And I like the look of the NNBS key fobs too.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
I doubt you'll get anywhere with the NNBS fobs unfortunately. It would be cool if it would work though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent