Re 2010 escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright, loving the 2/4 drop and i know for sure the rear shocks are bad but this thing handles like there is no rear sway bar. i'm not used to this big brick and really don't know what to expect but it seams the steering is pretty twitchy also. is this the norm, i had a sierra dropped 2/4 with sway bars 20's and it would out corner this thing any day. i sure hate the thoughts of all new shocks and a new sway bar on a new to me esky. anybody else find their steering/handling like this

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles are on it? The bushing for the steering rack could be going bad and as for the rear, you may want to the the DJM sway bar links to level out the sway bar. The shocks would have a lot to do with it also if they're weak.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus on these trucks, there's more weight swaying above the rear end than that on a Seirra

OP
OP
T

tom t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it has 63,000 and i did do the djm end links. is there a difference in the police tahoe? i have access to parts, if the sway bar is bigger on the police model i might give that a try

OP
OP
T

tom t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when i lowered it i saw oily dirt all over the shocks and the surounding area so im assuming the shocks are bad

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what suspension kit did you use to lower it?

if you did 4 inches in back will need free travel mod and do my endlinks/bumpstops which is 110.

OP
OP
T

tom t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
norcal i used your kit with free mod and djm end links

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
oik so you have the 2/3-4 set up. in rear did you drill the 2 holes and move the swaybar over. Many people dont do that and the bar hits the panhard bar. also did you only torque the links to 30 ft/lbs and grease them?

if shocks have oil all over them then yes i would change that before anything

OP
OP
T

tom t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, did everything as told. I posted here before about my concerns about the coil springs as to why coils would be bound up against each other on the bottom don't know if that means anything or not

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The coils that are close to each other should be on the top side..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons