RBP running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Nice, those are the ones I was talking about I usually like. If I didn't come across these I would go for a set like that.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how they started, for the Tahoe you for sure have to cut both ends to have them sit between the tires. If you want to throw these on a Burb then you may not have to shorten them at all. Both sides were basically cut to the weld where the two tubes connect. I forgot to get a picture of how I ended up cutting but without welding I just cut and bended inward some to make them rounded.

I used some U-Nuts and 5/16 x 1 1/4" bolts for hardware. You can use regular nuts but I chose the U-nuts so I wouldn't have to hold the nut with a wrench. The U-Bolts were put on the bars brackets.

I need to add a couple self tapping screws to each bracket to brace it to the walls, right now I only have the 5/16 bolts going through the pinch weld. Seems to be sturdy enough for now. I will get the bolts soon though.

9183157D-24B3-4590-998B-79511809CDA5.jpg

This shows about how far they are off from the factory mounting holes. If you wanted you could completely cut these brackets off and use the one off our factor boards. Which I will most likely do when I get back home within 6 months or so. My brackets on the factory boards just came off where they connect to the board itself so they are no good anymore.

CD3CF6FD-F0C0-401E-B67E-6DC0CB7A6029.jpg F4D762F5-1DFD-49CB-9221-6AAE2C7423A9.jpg

This bracket is the third from the front and I had to cut it completely off. If you can tell to the right of the bracket is a frame piece that I tried to work around at first but with bending and banging that bracket around it threw all the other brackets off alignment and would not sit right. The next picture shows how far off it threw the last bracket off. There was no way to make it work without completely relocating it by cutting and welding. I was not going to weld anything today.

17AB25A8-5466-489D-BA02-C3171FF08FBF.jpg

Shows how far the furthest rear bracket was with trying to leave the bracket before it on and bending around the frame piece.

49572C27-7FC0-4E78-90EF-F11E5AC93E7B.jpg

Here is one of the wired littles lifts or ears that I had to cut off. I had to cut two of them in order to get the brackets to sit flush against the wall and base of the pinch weld. I used a cut off wheel to get them off, pretty easy.

5F2DBE18-6BFE-4C39-A7D4-4CF0ADDF5BF1.jpg

Just sitting on the jackets before I started drilling holes and trying to line up the brackets.

5DD97AA3-CD36-4D00-AF3E-24C216F53B09.jpg

End product.

Sprayed a light coat of gloss black rustoleum and they look brand new.

Took me about 4ish hours. Setting on, taking off maybe 10 times trying to get the brackets just right. I ran out of time today, had to get the kids from day care. So I'm only running around with one side installed right now. And looking at the pass side, looks like its going to be a *****. Having the rear A/C seams to be a set back and may actually make this almost impossible, at least with how these are mounting up. Our factory brackets sit underneath the pinch weld, these sit on the top and the A/C lines are right on top of the pinch weld as well. I may end up cutting off the brackets on the bars and welding on the factory brackets in their place now that I have the brackets from the driver side.

What yall think.

3F9C4562-0C26-4A8B-9CBE-E43BD6287998.jpg 09A835E1-A891-4FA6-8522-2F5561CBACA3.jpg E2F60D4A-C198-46D1-B06A-342BB6AF3D82.jpg
So, you have three brackets holding them to the truck right now?

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
I have three on both sides at this point. When I get more time I will cut all the brackets off flush to the bars and weld some new brackets up most likely 3 again. I saved the brackets from my factory bars and someone had some extras that they said they could ship me if I needed them. I will most likely look at powder coating them after I get all the welding and fitment done as well. I may be looking at selling and getting into a 11-14 model here in the next few months so these may be coming off regardless and moved over to the next Tahoe/Yukon I get. I am not sure how they would fit on a Burban if the wife decides she will want one of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal