Rattling near windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musicman

Reaction score
I get a rattle from near the windshield in a crosswind. Anyone else have this problem and get it fixed? Sounds like it may be coming from either the hood bolt covers or the screen that keeps junk from falling into the windshield drain. Any direction or advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the year there is an updated windshield trim (left and right side ) that is supposed to stop the rattle .

OP
OP
M

musicman

Reaction score
Mine is an 04. Any clue where to look for the trim part numbers to order?

Assman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have this terrible noise as well, just started up yesterday. Does anyone know a fix for this? It sounds like it's coming from the top corners of the windshield, but it's louder on the drivers side.

OP
OP
M

musicman

Reaction score
I fixed mine. It is the black rubber "seal" around the outside of the windshield. I got 1/4" automotive double sided trim tape. Lifted up the black rubber and put the tape underneath it on both sides. Not a sound since then. Hope that helps.

Assman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Excellent, I'll give this a try tomorrow, it's quite bitter outside right now. Did you do the sides of the windshield where the plastic molding is as well?

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumpy-Bump. Mine's rattling pretty decent above 70mph. I bought a tube of clear window silicon from Home Depot and am gonna run a bead along the trim. I'll post back with results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts