Rattle/rubbing sound from driver door/Lower dash area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Here is the pressure point. Figure I'd take advantage of my time sitting in this Chick Fila line. a329a54cc99953c26704d1dc2bc39ef8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
So I don't know if this will solve your issue specifically but I was able to mitigate mine... assuming it's the same thing. I removed the switches panel on the driver door and found the buttons to have a little play/rattle to them... specifically the mirror adjustment button. If you lightly rest your finger on the mirror adjust round button you can feel the play and rattle. Once removed, I took apart the actual switch and wrapped the mating surfaces with electrical tape so it was snug when snapped back together. This won't completely eliminate the button rattle but cures most of it to the point I don't hear it. Hope that all makes sense.

Second point of rattling is where the door panel closes against the side of the dash... where the panel pops off for the fuses. If you hold your hand in that area like you're trying to slide them between those two spots (image in post 3) while you're driving you'll feel the movement. Take a microfiber towel and stick in there when closing the door. If the rattle/itch noise goes away... then you can decide if you want to put a dark felt or something in there so the rubbing doesn't occur.

Like I said initially... not sure these are the sounds you're hearing but took care of mine. Hope this helps.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don't know if this will solve your issue specifically but I was able to mitigate mine... assuming it's the same thing. I removed the switches panel on the driver door and found the buttons to have a little play/rattle to them... specifically the mirror adjustment button. If you lightly rest your finger on the mirror adjust round button you can feel the play and rattle. Once removed, I took apart the actual switch and wrapped the mating surfaces with electrical tape so it was snug when snapped back together. This won't completely eliminate the button rattle but cures most of it to the point I don't hear it. Hope that all makes sense.

Second point of rattling is where the door panel closes against the side of the dash... where the panel pops off for the fuses. If you hold your hand in that area like you're trying to slide them between those two spots (image in post 3) while you're driving you'll feel the movement. Take a microfiber towel and stick in there when closing the door. If the rattle/itch noise goes away... then you can decide if you want to put a dark felt or something in there so the rubbing doesn't occur.

Like I said initially... not sure these are the sounds you're hearing but took care of mine. Hope this helps.

Hey @WingsAA - it sure is a shame that these damn near $80k trucks have SO many rattles and noises. Thanks for sending, but the tip of the pen is the actual specific point of the rattle. If I put pressure exactly there, the rattle stops. It's something directly behind that area of the door panel. Once I get off my ass and remove it, I will lock down anything that moves lol

October

Reaction score
I put a piece of carpet padding outside of the fuse cover (between door and side of dash) and it may have resolved the creaking/rattle isssue. I haven't had a chance to drive the Escalade much since its my wife's car though she "thinks" its better. I'll know for sure when I drive the truck myself later.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys ever resolve these rattles? Did you try silicone spray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

October

Reaction score
My situation with the rattle/creaking noise seems to occur when the weather is cold and dry. Humidity and heat makes it go away. I thought it may have disappeared after I put the carpet pad between the door and the fuse cover area, but it didn't. I am convinced its the airbag that is encased in the a-pillar and extends to the upper door area. In my Escalade, the noise goes away after driving around. Its worse when I drive it out of the garage first thing in the morning (when cold). Now that the weather is humid and warm, the problem is less apparent.

PeteG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was having tons of door rattles in that same area on my 2015. My solution was removing the door panel and basically wrapping all the electrical connectors with foam. Then while I had it off, I took each tiny clip out from around the perimeter of the door and added one of those felt tabs you would normally put on the, say, the bottom of your dining chairs. Costco had a giant pack on sale, and some of them were the pefect size. I would say these steps reduced the rattle by 90%. I noticed a lot of play in the connectors, though.