Raptor Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It came in the other day:

DSC04151_zps6d2ahsdf.jpg

DSC04154_zpsoimeqrse.jpg

DSC04152_zpsbtsohcy2.jpg

Decided to do the orange accents with the gloss carbon file trim, which I think came out great:

DSC04157_zpsuq2lmkbs.jpg

DSC04159_zpspzruwmhn.jpg

Up next is matte paint protection film ...

Raptor17.jpg

... and adjustable front level collar: http://www.svcoffroad.com/product-page/2017-raptor-c-a-s-coil-adjustment-system

859b2c_6bb6af68e35440ec97d8ac5c3f0f4cf1~mv2.jpg

Then it'll get sent to ADD in Mesa AZ for full bumper swaps and a whole other bunch of goodies.

I'll update as the build takes shape ...

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice

how is the v6? i hear pretty peppy

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a pickup truck kinda guy.

But I love this.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks.

Now I need to put my order in for an ADD front bumper and I'm stuck between two models.

Can I get some votes on which one you guys prefer:

1: Stealth R:

2017-ford-raptor-winch-front-bumper.jpg

2: Venom R:

Flush comparo:

1. Stealth R: (without winch)

raptor-custom-front-bumper.jpg

2. Venom R (with upper lamp and winch)

ford-raptor-front-bumper.jpg

1. Stealth R: Has a protected light bar with the metal bar above it. It has room behind the ADD logo for a small hidden light bar (with associated light loss) and for the two spots on the side. If I purchased this one I would get the hidden light bar and spots in amber in a fog light pattern and the main light bar as a long distance spot. This bumper appears to give a slightly better approach angle than the other one, but it also protrudes out a lot further.

2. Venom R: This bumper doesn't allow for side facing spot lamps. I would use the lower bar in a sweeping flood light pattern and the upper as a long distance spot. It's very nice but it might actually be overkill with insane amount of lumens going out. The upper bar isn't as well protected and may have a slightly worse approach angle than the other. The biggest upside of this one is that it is a lot more flush to the bumper. The biggest downside is that the upper lamp seems a bit like an afterthought.

My sense is that the Stealth is more function (with all the lights protected and the ability to step on any part of the bumper) and the Venom is more style. Except that from a lighting pov the Venom is more function.

Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts