Range disable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a good device for the range disable. Don’t have the money to buy a black bear and the last module I bought on Amazon fried my BCM and I’m really cautious of Amazon car parts now.

1601AEEA-4EF7-4E8D-94DA-29637BD8AAF8.png

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you buy previously that caused an issue.

From what I've read and researched...
Range has been through a few generations, but appears to be solid, and seems to be the standard now.

Obviously wait for some first hand knowledge to pop up here too.

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you buy previously that caused an issue.

From what I've read and researched...
Range has been through a few generations, but appears to be solid, and seems to be the standard now.

Obviously wait for some first hand knowledge to pop up here too.
It was different type it was a Jet Performance Module

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I was cautious also, so I bought mine directly from the range website, thats was before I found out I didn’t need it for the 6.2, sent it back to range with no problems.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Keep rubbin that 6.2 in.....

Lol
Just had to explain so he didn’t think I didn’t like it or something. Lol

I think it would be cool tho if we did have a 6.2 section, you wouldn’t believe how many little differences there is between it and the 5.3. Especially on my cc, every time I look for a part they always assume its a 5.3.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had to explain so he didn’t think I didn’t like it or something. Lol

I think it would be cool tho if we did have a 6.2 section, you wouldn’t believe how many little differences there is between it and the 5.3. Especially on my cc, every time I look for a part they always assume its a 5.3.

I know, messin with ya. Really wish they put that motor in the new suburbans...

TahoeLTZ2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is this a good device for the range disable. Don’t have the money to buy a black bear and the last module I bought on Amazon fried my BCM and I’m really cautious of Amazon car parts now.

View attachment 184450
I use one on my 2012 with no issues. Just make sure it has the latest version, so if you switch to 14+ model it will still work. Some of the earlier version had glitches when used on 14+ vehicles

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use one on my 2012 with no issues. Just make sure it has the latest version, so if you switch to 14+ model it will still work. Some of the earlier version had glitches when used on 14+ vehicles
Mines an 07 so shouldn’t be an inssue. I’m thinking of spending a few extra bucks an just getting a superchips programmer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons