Random pull to LEFT OR RIGHT when braking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these trucks have a proportioning valve? In the old days, there was such a valve in cars like the 1980s Buick Regal that controlled how much fluid/pressure went to the front and rear brakes. But nowadays its the LF and RR and RF and LR or something like that and it might be controlled from the ABS module instead. Not sure.

Sure wish you had a Tech2 to see what's going on with your brakes on the electronic side of things. How do the lines look?

06Escalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was also pulling after a DIY brake job. After a few weeks CRC black brake grease was hard as a rock. Caliper bolts couldn't move freely. Took everything apart, switched to Sil-Glyde, problem solved. I'm getting better gas mileage too.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was also pulling after a DIY brake job. After a few weeks CRC black brake grease was hard as a rock. Caliper bolts couldn't move freely. Took everything apart, switched to Sil-Glyde, problem solved. I'm getting better gas mileage too.
I have bent my guide pins from over tightening. I would start with new pins and grease.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Matahoe

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put new reman ACDelco calipers and rotors on. Even painted the calipers so they wouldn't rust.

On top of that I also installed new front brake hoses, new left and right hubs and checked the steering linkage and alignment again.

As for the hubs...they were original and the wheels didn't spin freely when jacked up off the ground. So it was time.

Even after all that I am still getting a random pull either to the left or right. At this point I am open to any suggestions. But..I think I found the problem and you won't believe it! I will upload a picture soon.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Matt, I assume you know about road crowns, can you explain when and what exactly happens during one of these episodes? How about the tires? There is such a thing called radial tire pull. What tire are you running?

OP
OP
Matahoe

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim. Nah...no road crown, tire pull, alignment issues or bent wheels....etc. None of that. This happens on any stretch of straight and level road. Totally unpredictable. One minute it will brake fine coming to a stop. Then the next stop light it will pull to the right. The next stop light it will brake even. The next 10 stop lights it will brake fine. Then at the 11th it will pull left, etc...etc. It seems totally random.

You would think...air in the lines. But having air in the lines should be able to reproduce the event almost every time. On top of that the brake pedal isn't soft. So no air.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's this picture of what you think is the problem? Come on man....