Raise Front Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am not sure how to do this but I have learned that if someone can think something up, this forum has enough guru's and jack of all trade's in it, that someone will come up with something. So here goes....I am 6'3'' 240lbs and very long legged. My dad has an 07 Silverdao and of course its nice. But what I like most about it is that I can raise the level of the seat that my butt is on. Now if you are shorter than say 6'00'' I am guessing this doesnt matter to you at all, but to everyone else you will know what I mean when I say, I wish my knee's were higher than my butt. Make sense? I obviously raise the seat up with the power controls and get it where I want it but on long trips if my knees are higher than my butt when sitting my back kills me. In dads Silverdao he has manual seats and you can raise it up. Does my 98 Tahoe, being that is has power seats, not able to move as much because its power vs manual? I know dads is nice because its 9 years newer. But i would consider swapping my seat for a manual if I thought this would fix the problem.

Maybe a bracket can be built for the seat frame on the rails like guys do in the back of their two door's?

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Path of travel and range all look good. There are no obstructions or bindings of any kind. Just need to know if raising the frame on it would be possible.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Possible, but take one of the seat bolts out to look at so you know so you know what kind of machining or lift extension you will have to create. Longer bolts of the same grade or higher will do fine if you make some lift blocks. Just don't do it where you shorten the amount of bolt that goes into the body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn