Rain Sense Wipers problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone having the issue where the wipers will wipe one time, on a clear, dry, day? It happened 3 times yesterday. Once before noon, once late afternoon, and lastly when I was pulling into a service writer bay. I have a service appointment next week to have it looked at, but I am afraid I will hear, "Sir, we cannot duplicate your issue."

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you making a turn when it happens and hitting blinker stalk, accidentally hitting wiper? Just a thought bud.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it happen once in a blue moon---maybe once every 6-8 months. Not frequently enough for me to care.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some info on rain-sensing wipers that may be helpful to others:

How do they work?
The technology behind rain-sensing wipers is not complicated. A small area of the front windshield glass (usually located on the outside of the vehicle, opposite the rear-view mirror) is monitored by an optical sensor. The sensor is designed to project harmless infrared light at the windshield at an angle and then read the amount of light that is reflected back. A clean windshield will reflect nearly all of the light back, while a wet or dirty windshield will cause the light to scatter. The optical sensor can determine the necessary frequency and speed of the windshield wipers by monitoring the amount of light reflected back into the sensor.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some info on rain-sensing wipers that may be helpful to others:

How do they work?
The technology behind rain-sensing wipers is not complicated. A small area of the front windshield glass (usually located on the outside of the vehicle, opposite the rear-view mirror) is monitored by an optical sensor. The sensor is designed to project harmless infrared light at the windshield at an angle and then read the amount of light that is reflected back. A clean windshield will reflect nearly all of the light back, while a wet or dirty windshield will cause the light to scatter. The optical sensor can determine the necessary frequency and speed of the windshield wipers by monitoring the amount of light reflected back into the sensor.
so in other words a nice juicy bug or even a tiny one in just the right spot can activate the wiper's

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so in other words a nice juicy bug or even a tiny one in just the right spot can activate the wiper's

It is not quite bug time here yet. Actually had a touch of snow yesterday. I am sooooo over it..

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall, my rain-sensing wipers work as designed/intended and I love 'em. I like things that make vehicle operation safer and simpler. I could not care less about Bluetooth and Internet and iPhone integration and all that ********, but I really dig things that make safe driving more effortless.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall, my rain-sensing wipers work as designed/intended and I love 'em. I like things that make vehicle operation safer and simpler. I could not care less about Bluetooth and Internet and iPhone integration and all that ********, but I really dig things that make safe driving more effortless.

X2, for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727