Radio Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt1986

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have an 02 LT, with the factory sub. I recently put a new head unit in, kenwood. Head unit worKS great but the bass quality just isn't good. I haven't changed out the factory sub yet, so I know that doesn't help. My question is should I bypass the factory amp and just use the amp from the head unit? Will that help in getting better sound?

roadrash187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Might be the head unit itself. What volts are your preamp outputs? Dont go of the manufactures specs. Measure it for yourself. I forgot the model Kenwood I installed in a friends Maxima. They said 4 volt, but it ended up being when the radio was turned up to max volume. otherwise it sat around 2 volts.

ueww40

Reaction score
See my last post under 2004 Tahoe radio swap. Google Factorytunes. They are very knowledgeable and can help you. To make life easy on yourself stay away from after market stuff. All of this radio swapping is getting to complicated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64