Radio resets when cranking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dahlar

Reaction score
Went out to remote start my car one night after work and nothing. So I hopped in and turned the key, the radio and blower came on but no crank or error codes. Checked fuse box and found the big 40A ignition fuse blown, swapped fuses with another and ignition/starter relays around and blew the fuse again. Tried spare key and same problem. Replaced starter and car starts fine now for a few days.

Now forward a few days later my radio clock will reset when cranking and sometimes the remote start will take a time or two to start? The starter doesn't always start if I sit there and crank it over a few times in a row. I cleaned the positive leads to battery/starter and all the way through to the fuse box and the ground from the battery to the block. I had cleaned the lower starter connections when I replaced the starter. Replaced the ignition switch and that seemed to improve but not fix the problem. Battery tested 100% 12.7v. Any thoughts or ideas?

No start, 40amp ignition fuse blown
Replaced Starter
Battery replaced in July, tested good
Cleaned Positive leads
Cleaned ground to engine block
Replaced ignition switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442