Radio Repair Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonBill

Reaction score
The Bose Theftlock radio in my 2001 Yukon will no longer play CDs. When I insert a CD the radio displays
"ERR' code. The radio plays fine. Can anyone recommend a good repair shop I can send this radio to?
Are there any upgrades that can be done to the radio unit while it is in for repair?

Any information would be appreciated .

OP
OP
Y

YukonBill

Reaction score
Is there an aftermarket unit that will fit the opening and plug and play?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Is there an aftermarket unit that will fit the opening and plug and play?
Yup. Since you have a 2001, you have the single din radio, correct? Any aftermarket single din will work. Just look for the features you'd want, Bluetooth etc. All you'll need is the installation kit with a harness or associated harnesses and you're good to go.

OP
OP
Y

YukonBill

Reaction score
My radio has the built in CD player and the cassette player separate mounted in the lower console. Is there an aftermarket that will fit with cutting the dash up ?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My radio has the built in CD player and the cassette player separate mounted in the lower console. Is there an aftermarket that will fit with cutting the dash up ?
Any single din will fit without cutting the dash. Just need to get the installation kit to install it. The separate cassette player will no longer work. You could either leave it there or pull it out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's right, you can probably buy a decent used radio for less than the trouble to try and make that one work again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts