Radio interference when DRL on...???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have searched around here and on google but am unable to find a solution to this issue...

I get a significant amount of interference on my radio anytime the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are on. The interference is strong enough that most stations simply won't come in at all and some work intermittently. The problem completely goes away during the day when DRL are disabled or at night when normal headlights are on.

It's a 2004 Tahoe with analog Bose system, single CD + tape. Before you ask, yes I have LED DRL however the problem existed before switching to LEDs. I have already pulled the head unit out to verify all connections are properly seated. I'm tempted to try a ferrite around the harness to the radio but I thought I would consult the hive mind first. Also, it's not an engine noise/alternator noise issue.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the interference on AM, FM, or both?

For starters I'd probably be cleaning (not just looking at) the major body and engine grounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons