Radio comes on automatically

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riding down the road, listening to radio. Get tired of radio, so turn it off. Arrive at home, park in garage, kill the engine. Radio comes back on automatically with next engine start.

Anybody know how to prevent automatic radio start up,? So far, only solution I have found is to switch to "video" before killing engine. If left on "audio", the radio comes back on at next engine start. I'd like for it to stay off, once Ive turned it off, until I turn it on again.

2016 Tahoe LTZ

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
clogan2

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a known issue with GM. Unfortunately they have no fix at this time.
Yep, that's what Chevy told me too...thought maybe some Tahoe owner mighta figured it out.

Guess not.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon is about every 3rd startup...

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally leave my radio on so I am not aware of that problem. However, what is annoying is the periodic screen that tells me not to touch the touch screen while driving.

OP
OP
clogan2

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally leave my radio on so I am not aware of that problem. However, what is annoying is the periodic screen that tells me not to touch the touch screen while driving.
Reminds me of the sign that says:

"WARNING! Do not read this!"

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe just turn the volume all the way down instead of turning it off?

It does seem silly that it can't remember such a basic setting as the radio being turned off previously...but not surprising with the various quirks of the MyLink system.

ky2015denali

Reaction score
Riding down the road, listening to radio. Get tired of radio, so turn it off. Arrive at home, park in garage, kill the engine. Radio comes back on automatically with next engine start.

Anybody know how to prevent automatic radio start up,? So far, only solution I have found is to switch to "video" before killing engine. If left on "audio", the radio comes back on at next engine start. I'd like for it to stay off, once Ive turned it off, until I turn it on again.

2016 Tahoe LTZ

It is a "known" issue because it is designed to do exactly what it is doing. The radio comes on at each start because it is looking to pair with your smart phone so that you can have "hands free" phone usage. It cannot be "fixed"!

Alexquade

Reaction score
If I’m remembering right, my 15 Silverado and my moms 14 Silverado, when pushing the power button it only mutes. Don’t you have to press and hold to turn it all the way off??