radio and remote start problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mnyukonxl2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 GMC Yukon XL sat for two days, used the remote start to start it up this morning and it worked fine. Hopped in and my radio was reset to 12:00 and all my pre sets are gone. Checked battery voltage and it is good and charging. Now my remote start will not work, and the radio goes blank intermittently. Any Ideas?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Is the check engine light on???

Remote start will NOT work with CEL on.

I would start by having the battery load tested and if it is good then I would replace the battery cables.... common issue on these trucks.

OP
OP
M

mnyukonxl2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No check engine light. Where to replace the cables? Is there a diagram to show where they are? The battery is only 6 months old. But I can load test it.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The main positive and negative cables that connect to your battery get corroded internally and cause all kinds of electrical gremlins.... I just took the opportunity to do the big 3 upgrade and made my own cables out of 2/0 marine grade cable.

OP
OP
M

mnyukonxl2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remote start is working. Now radio keeps losing power. While driving it loses power and then it comes back. Drove three miles and it did it about 5 times. And there is no blinker sounds or anything else. Every time the car is started the clock also goes back to 12:00.