Radio and interior lights won't turn off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great write up!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, should have started out that is was a nice write up. I'm sure many will benefit from it.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just needs to be cleaned! The contacts in the switch built up a bit of corrosion making poor/no connection, dissabling it.

Why buy a new one $$$ when you can just clean it.
Good to know thanks for the info! That's one thing I wanna try and dive into in the next couple weeks as the ski season dies down and I'm not working crazy amounts of hours.

OP
OP
M1Gunner

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know thanks for the info! That's one thing I wanna try and dive into in the next couple weeks as the ski season dies down and I'm not working crazy amounts of hours.

The whole repair only took approx. 30 min. Just be extremely cautious and take your time when popping those backing plates off. The way they're glued on can cause them to break easily. I just used a razor knife and a mini screwdriver to work my way around prying them loose. A heat gun may work to help loosen up the glue too?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate @iamdub! When I couldn't find any info on this I figured someone else may come across this issue and be completely lost. I like to pitch in when I can and if I can help save someone a headache, some time and money while doing so then mission accomplished!

It's highly likely as this is a common problem. Your efforts aren't in vain!

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Been having the same problem with my passenger door, but this is the third one I've installed, and I noticed that the LED bulb that I just recently installed in the door is burnt out as well. Could these be related?

OP
OP
M1Gunner

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been having the same problem with my passenger door, but this is the third one I've installed, and I noticed that the LED bulb that I just recently installed in the door is burnt out as well. Could these be related?

Absolutely, the reason is, if the mini wedge switch in that passenger door latch assembly doesn't send a signal to the pcm saying "hey, I'm open!" Then the pcm won't know to supply the lighting circuit a ground to illuminate the courtesy lamp... or turn the radio off or sound the door ajar warning etc.

EDIT: No offense, but are you sure the bulb itself is burned out? Have you tried supplying that bulb power or tried it in another socket to test the bulb?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518