Radiator type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stop leak fix worked for 3 or 4 days. Dumped all over my driveway and it's worse than before. I have a 4x4 with some big heavy meats now and I live in Texas, so I'm going to go with the heavy duty aluminum one that's the same price as the 2core at o'reilly. The only thing I ever haul around is a jet ski trailer, but that's like dragging around a tonka truck.

Brandonisbell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I stopped by Autozone to pick up a new radiator since mine has a hairline crack between the upper opening and the (i'm guessing trans cooler) fitting just below it.

They have two types of radiators there, one is just a normal radiator and he said the other was if my yukon had heavy duty cooling. I honestly have no idea and noone there could help me. Any ideas?

Here's a pic:
nIyOS.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

I always feel like an idiot when I answer my own threads, but here it is for others.

The regular is a single core radiator with a thin top profile such as this:
fSsgm.jpg

The heavy duty is a dual core radiator with a larger top profile like this:
7lZae.jpg

It can be viewed by taking off the plastic cover over the radiator if you are having trouble discerning the difference.
It's the dual radiator the z71 special editions came with them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins