R1 Concept Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UFBeef

Reaction score
Looking to do a brake job on the tahoe, seems r1 comes highly recommended. Priced some drilled and slotted, not sure I need them, but I'd like the zink coating from their website. Went to Amazon and jist checked and it's saying the same set of rotors are like $100 less, but, it's not giving me the part numbers off of R1 website? Amazon says it comes directly from R1, any help on this?

kentman

Reaction score
I use BrakeMotive on eBay. I just bought a full set of rotors and pads. I have used them at least three times on two other vehicles. I am shooting to install them later this year. I am hoping that this improves the brake performance. Right now, stopping is not very crisp on the OEM pads and rotors with 66K miles.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the R1 drilled and slotted Carbon Geomets.. it may be overkill to some but my truck can freaking drop anchor when I hit the brakes and I have 24s on my truck. I also have hydroboost and stainless lines. It's very consistent fast stopping if I want. I've checked the temp of the brakes after getting home and they are usually around 80 degrees or luke warm lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U

UFBeef

Reaction score
I'm running the R1 drilled and slotted Carbon Geomets.. it may be overkill to some but my truck can freaking drop anchor when I hit the brakes and I have 24s on my truck. I also have hydroboost and stainless lines. It's very consistent fast stopping if I want. I've checked the temp of the brakes after getting home and they are usually around 80 degrees or luke warm lol.

I got the eline series, slotted black coated with Akebono pads, got them.installed last night and all seems good. Trying to flush the brake lines but need a thin wrench to get in there. They seem much better but things are still a little squishy, right at 96k miles. Not sure it needed new pads but I didn't put them on so I wanted to make sure.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the eline series, slotted black coated with Akebono pads, got them.installed last night and all seems good. Trying to flush the brake lines but need a thin wrench to get in there. They seem much better but things are still a little squishy, right at 96k miles. Not sure it needed new pads but I didn't put them on so I wanted to make sure.
So you got new rotors with old pads and old brake fluid? 96k is definitely time for a flush.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with R1 driller and slotted rotors and position quiet pads. I wasn’t at the end of my stock NAPA rotors and pads yet. But I got everything from one of our site sponsored vendors for $380 for everything. Like he said^ it might be a little excessive for brakes, but my xl Denali, rollin on 2007+ denali 20s, and 33” tall nittos, stops pretty damn quick. And going up and down the mountain where I live the new brakes are phenomenal and I love them. Well worth the money I spent on them!

OP
OP
U

UFBeef

Reaction score
So you got new rotors with old pads and old brake fluid? 96k is definitely time for a flush.

No new rotors, new pads and will flush the brake fluid soon as I get these stupid thin wrenches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts