Questions I cannot find an answer for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardshell1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a new member, I joined because this site seems to be the best.
This past fall I finally fulfilled a dream of mine, owning a 2-door tahoe. I found a 95 LS with only 97k miles and in beautiful shape! God, I love that 350!! I've done some minor appearance work on her, but there are 2 projects I want to complete but can't find out where to begin. 1) Daytime running lights: is it possible to add these? If so, I'd prefer stock (junkyard removed from another Chevy) but a good, solid, dependable alternative will work. 2) Keyless entry: is it possible to add this by finding a junkyard vehicle and transplanting it to mine. I'm good mechanically if I have specific directions!

JonDJon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
YES YOU CAN AD THE KEYLESS ENTRY FROM A DONOR CAR, YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE MODULE AND THE WIRING HARNESS, IT SHOULD BE PLUG AND PLAY, SORRY I DON'T KNOW THE LOCATION
AND YOU CAN DO THE SAME FOR THE DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, BUT YOU MAY HAVE TO PATCH THAT IN.

ALSO YOU NEED TO FIND OUT IF THE KEY FOB CAN BE PROGRAMMED BY YOU OR IF IT NEEDS TO BE DONE BY A LOCK SMITH, IF IT HAS TO BE DONE BY A LOCK SMITH/DEALER THEN YOUR GOING TO WANT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO INSTALL IT THEN DRIVE TO THE LOCKSMITH AND INSTALL IT AND HAVE THE LOCK SMITH PROGRAM THE KEY FOB THAT WAY THE TRUCK WILL START IF THE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM KICKS IN

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALSO YOU NEED TO FIND OUT IF THE KEY FOB CAN BE PROGRAMMED BY YOU OR IF IT NEEDS TO BE DONE BY A LOCK SMITH, IF IT HAS TO BE DONE BY A LOCK SMITH/DEALER THEN YOUR GOING TO WANT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO INSTALL IT THEN DRIVE TO THE LOCKSMITH AND INSTALL IT AND HAVE THE LOCK SMITH PROGRAM THE KEY FOB THAT WAY THE TRUCK WILL START IF THE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM KICKS IN

On a 95, there is no anti theft system. The anti theft system wasn't an option until 97, and then in 98 on up it was standard.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a specific reason you want a stock keyless entry? I agree that you can find it in a junk yard or your best bet is eBay. Since there’s no appearance issue to see an aftermarket would probably be less expensive and easier to install. Especially if you have power locks plus it comes with directions and you can get one to work on locks, windows, and even remote start. Just thoughts. Good luck and congratulations on getting your dream truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimaada0611