Question on turn signal mirrors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spanky

Reaction score
well, I scored me a pair of LTZ mirrors for my PPV this week. I installed them tonight and most everything works good. I "borrowed" the door switch from the warden's '07 suburban to see if the folds worked...they did, kinda...the guy that got me th mirrors said they were broke and they pretty much are- no problem really.
The thing I really wanted was the turn signals in the mirrors, and this doesn't work.
Does anyone know for sure what I need to get/do to get the signals to work?
I wasn't sure if there's a module somewhere or is it just getting the dealer to get into the bcm and flash it?
I need to get my fogs to work also so maybe its time to see the gm man...

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
From what I remember when I did that was everything worked except driver power fold. But I got mine from another member here. Try swapping both drivers and passenger window switches from the donor truck and see if they work. They have modules in them that need to be programmed for everything to work.

If your truck didn't come with that option you can't take it to the dealer to have them programmed in. When you do have to do is put them into a truck that has those options, them take it to the dealer to have it programmed. Once the switches are programmed, you then can swap it to your truck. I know cause I tried 2 dealers and both said the same thing.

OP
OP
S

Spanky

Reaction score
that makes sense, thanks! I only tried the driver's side, I'll swap both and see if that makes any difference.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man i switched both mirrors and switches got everything working except the signals so I simply tapped to the actual light wires by the fuse box and ran the wires to the mirrors didn't go to no dealers and cost was 17 dollars for the wires and boom i had signals on my mirrors

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m wanting to upgrade my mirrors on my PPV to add turn signals (Power fold would be cool). I have the window switches from a Yukon Denali. Did anyone confirm if it works?

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m wanting to upgrade my mirrors on my PPV to add turn signals (Power fold would be cool). I have the window switches from a Yukon Denali. Did anyone confirm if it works?

It does. Mine are from a Denali

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Kee. Does both the fold and Turn signals work?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man i switched both mirrors and switches got everything working except the signals so I simply tapped to the actual light wires by the fuse box and ran the wires to the mirrors didn't go to no dealers and cost was 17 dollars for the wires and boom i had signals on my mirrors

Any additional information or pics on the wiring? Thanks in advance

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any additional information or pics on the wiring? Thanks in advance
running a wire from the bcm thru the door is going to be kind of a PIA just look on the gm upfitter guide it will show which pin out is for the turn signal at the bcm, all you need is the positive (single wire) the negative from the mirror can go straight to ground, a cleaner solution would be to just get a drivers door switch that has it programmed already since the signal is supposed to come from the doorswitch.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
running a wire from the bcm thru the door is going to be kind of a PIA just look on the gm upfitter guide it will show which pin out is for the turn signal at the bcm, all you need is the positive (single wire) the negative from the mirror can go straight to ground, a cleaner solution would be to just get a drivers door switch that has it programmed already since the signal is supposed to come from the doorswitch.

Agreed, but the PPVs have many functions disabled in BCM and we have the basic window controls, so the window controls from a LTZ or Denali with not fit into the door

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd