Question about energy suspension sway bar bushing install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

On3honksgo

Reaction score
I have a 98 tahoe. I have the complete front end off for replacement right now. I just installed energy suspension sway bar bushings and its still in the air on jackstands. but i thought it looked weird so i wanted to check. The bottom right of the bushings isnt hugging the swaybar and there about an 1/8in gap. Im hoping its because it's still in the air and has had any weight on anything put on it. Anybody have any experience with these.

Attachments

• 20150626_103720.jpg
    20150626_103720.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 25

EdgarM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i know this is an old thread, however I have a question about the energy suspension sway bar kit. The bracket that holds the bushing is too big, well to wide and seems like I would have to cut on of the sides on the bracket in order to get it to fit in the limited space. Is this necessary? I have a 96 Tahoe.

And the space that On3Honks was talking about, I found out that I was sent the wrong bushing, or got the wrong bushing with my master bushing kit. The bushing was for a 32mm / 1-1/4" sway bar. I think the correct bushing size for the sway bar bushing for these years is 1-3/16" / 30mm.

Anway, for the time being I bought some bushings from oreilly since I really needed to replace them and they were only $5 each. But if someone could tell me if I will need to cut one side of the E.S bushing bracket to make it fit. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts