Quarter million miles and still going strong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subieworx

Reaction score
Just one pic. I have 250k on this thing and it is still awesome. Tow my race car with it all the time along with general weekend chores. Love everything about it, except maybe the gas mileage.

fgSv1Gl.jpg

Mods:
Corsa Exhaust
20" Sierra replica wheels
285 50 20 Yokohama tires
Beltech 2/3 lowering kit
Bilstein 5100's
Front lip
TRS projector retrofits
Audio stuff

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it! Looks clean too. I'm a little ways behind you, just rolled 204,000, but she's running like a top. These things will treat you right if you treat them right.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the idea of going that long in miles without major issues.

zjorvis95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Gen 3 small blocks are like the Gen 1 small blocks, if you do regular maintenance and don't beat them into the ground, they will last a long time! 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0s are great engines. This thread made me think of a conversation I had with a coworker the other day about his truck. He has a 99 Silverado Z71 with the 5.3. He has had it since it was about 5 years old. It had a small skip in it when he first cranked it up in the parking lot, and I was joking with him about needing to give the old girl a tune up. He said he knew it was way past time and it was on his list of stuff to do. He then told me how many miles it had on it. 456K!!!! He said it had just under 140K on it when he bought it, and the only thing he had done was change the oil a few times a year. The trans was serviced once when he first got it. Other than tires, ball joints, and two water pumps, that's all that had been done to it! He said he would like a newer Silverado, but he wants to see just how far it will go! LOL

OP
OP
S

subieworx

Reaction score
All I have really done is general maintenance along with replacing some oil seals. Rear main, front axle stub seals, rear pinion, rear diff cover. Had to replace a couple bushings and had a cracked manifold. Other than that it has been great.

dhulsey779

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just one pic. I have 250k on this thing and it is still awesome. Tow my race car with it all the time along with general weekend chores. Love everything about it, except maybe the gas mileage.

fgSv1Gl.jpg

Mods:
Corsa Exhaust
20" Sierra replica wheels
285 50 20 Yokohama tires
Beltech 2/3 lowering kit
Bilstein 5100's
Front lip
TRS projector retrofits
Audio stuff
How is the ride with the Bilstein 5100 Shocks? Looking to upgrade and would like to cross reference the part #'s.

OP
OP
S

subieworx

Reaction score
Not crazy about the 5100's and recently swapped them to the Beltech lowering shocks. The ride is much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03tahoejunk