Quality LED in Denali Projector housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, that be nice thanks. Like a link to where i can buy them and a specs sheet.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, that be nice thanks. Like a link to where i can buy them and a specs sheet.
I would also like to know about this.
I've been thinking about getting some LEDs for my projectors. I tried a set of HIDs in them, and I didn't care for them.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the ones I went with for my low beams on recommendations from a couple other members here that also have them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F..._SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Vouke+G5+9005+kit
They are direct plug and play bulbs. And you will need this style for your yukons with the copper braided cooling tassles that come out behind each bulb, as they fit perfectly in between your headlight housing and bracket. The cooling fan style bulbs work but with modification to the bracket behind the housing and I didn't want to go that route. Easy to do upgrade and for the price the results are great.

kablooie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These are the ones I went with for my low beams on recommendations from a couple other members here that also have them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F..._SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Vouke+G5+9005+kit
They are direct plug and play bulbs. And you will need this style for your yukons with the copper braided cooling tassles that come out behind each bulb, as they fit perfectly in between your headlight housing and bracket. The cooling fan style bulbs work but with modification to the bracket behind the housing and I didn't want to go that route. Easy to do upgrade and for the price the results are great.

hello, what are the pros / cons of these lights? I'd like to consider installing the low beam LEDs in my 2006 YXL OEM headlight housings, but am mostly concerned with the cons. I've seen amazon reviews of deadspots, etc.
-louie

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello, what are the pros / cons of these lights? I'd like to consider installing the low beam LEDs in my 2006 YXL OEM headlight housings, but am mostly concerned with the cons. I've seen amazon reviews of deadspots, etc.
-louie
So far I haven't had any issues with them. The output is really good for an LED in a factory projector. I havent noticed any deadspots in the light pattern. The output is clear and focused pretty well. It's sharp and had and nice color tone in the light. But it's not an obnoxious glaring bright light.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDs are a pain instsll wise. Itd not plug and play from what i understand. Lotd of wiring and you have to have room for thr ballast which i dont believe the denali projector does. I have Vouke LEDs in my denali low beam projectors. They work really well. The output is great and they only ran about 50 bucks for the set. It's complete plug and play. Take your factory halogen bulbs out, connect the driver that's connected to the led bulb to your factory lowbeam wire harness, put the bulb in the housing and your good to go. I have the ones that have the little braided copper cooling tassles, which works far better space wise than the cooling fans, they don't need any modification to the bracket that holds the headlight housing in place. Much less hassle than LED, and pretty good results for what I spent, given that I didn't do a full retrofit.
In Denali housings and correct harness, took less than an hour to retrofit both housings and run the harness. A total newb would take Maybe 2 hrs

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vanquish auto should be banned! I don't appreciate him trying to push his hids off on me, and he does not seem to understand that i don't want to dick around with hids. I'll just stay with my basic halogen bulbs if I can't find a LED kit that works well in these older projector housings..........
Why don't you just put him on your ignore list

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first I had trouble getting the driver side bulb in properly:
20170621_234116.jpg
I forgot to take a picture after I reached in with a hook to turn the bulb the rest of the way. With it in place, the driver side bulb has the same pattern as the passenger.
This photo makes them look a bit brighter than they do in person.

I looked at them side by side (put both bulbs in the driver side to compare to the 9011 HIRs I have in the highs still, and had in the low beams. They seemed to be a little bit brighter, but they are right about our eyes having an easier time seeing the yellower light of the halogen bulbs.

I had to make sure I bent the heatsinks half to the right and half to the left, otherwise it wouldn't fit right on the driver side.
20170621_235058.jpg
20170621_233456.jpg
20170621_235456.jpg
20170621_235602.jpg
Best bet would be to retrofit these with some quality projectors.
To be honest, I'm not real impressed with these lights in my projectors.

Last edited:

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first I had trouble getting the driver side bulb in properly:
View attachment 84508
I forgot to take a picture after I reached in with a hook to turn the bulb the rest of the way. With it in place, the driver side bulb has the same pattern as the passenger.
This photo makes them look a bit brighter than they do in person.

I looked at them side by side (put both bulbs in the driver side to compare to the 9011 HIRs I have in the highs still, and had in the low beams. They seemed to be a little bit brighter, but they are right about our eyes having an easier time seeing the yellower light of the halogen bulbs.

I had to make sure I bent the heatsyncs half to the right and half to the left, otherwise it wouldn't fit right on the driver side.
View attachment 84509
View attachment 84507
View attachment 84510
View attachment 84511
Best bet would be to retrofit these with some quality projectors.
To be honest, I'm not real impressed with these lights in my projectors.

Driving home tonight from work, They seem to be ok, and have a little bit more even light pattern than the halogens.
They seem to be just as bright in the projectors as the halogens.

I still might end up getting another set to put in my high beams, just so they all look like they are basically the same color temp.

Here is a shot of the beam pattern on a wall, about 50 feet away:
20170622_005453.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442