Quality LED in Denali Projector housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have factory denali projectors on my 06 Yukon. I put JDM astar 880 leds in my worthless fog lights and it made a HUGE difference. But now I have a white light for the fogs and yellow for the low beams and it looks a bit silly. I've done research but have not heard to much about people currently installing LED into projector housings; all I've seen is people doing it years ago when LEDS 1st came out. Any input?

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
I have factory denali projectors on my 06 Yukon. I put JDM astar 880 leds in my worthless fog lights and it made a HUGE difference. But now I have a white light for the fogs and yellow for the low beams and it looks a bit silly. I've done research but have not heard to much about people currently installing LED into projector housings; all I've seen is people doing it years ago when LEDS 1st came out. Any input?
Hello, thanks for the explanation of what is concerning you about, we have the best leds you can get , we have the 12000 lumens leds, there is nothing brighter than this, however we do not suggest my customers to use leds for the projector housing because leds the bulb itself block the lights versus hids, hids are going to give you a better light output and leds will downgrade the light output.

Here is the perfect picture for it.

We have the right kit for your car in case you would like to get the right setup, bellow is the link:

https://vanquishauto.com/headlight-bulb-high-beam-9079.html

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, Thanks

forum.001.jpeg

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDs are a pain instsll wise. Itd not plug and play from what i understand. Lotd of wiring and you have to have room for thr ballast which i dont believe the denali projector does. I have Vouke LEDs in my denali low beam projectors. They work really well. The output is great and they only ran about 50 bucks for the set. It's complete plug and play. Take your factory halogen bulbs out, connect the driver that's connected to the led bulb to your factory lowbeam wire harness, put the bulb in the housing and your good to go. I have the ones that have the little braided copper cooling tassles, which works far better space wise than the cooling fans, they don't need any modification to the bracket that holds the headlight housing in place. Much less hassle than LED, and pretty good results for what I spent, given that I didn't do a full retrofit.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDs are a pain instsll wise. Itd not plug and play from what i understand. Lotd of wiring and you have to have room for thr ballast which i dont believe the denali projector does. I have Vouke LEDs in my denali low beam projectors. They work really well. The output is great and they only ran about 50 bucks for the set. It's complete plug and play. Take your factory halogen bulbs out, connect the driver that's connected to the led bulb to your factory lowbeam wire harness, put the bulb in the housing and your good to go. I have the ones that have the little braided copper cooling tassles, which works far better space wise than the cooling fans, they don't need any modification to the bracket that holds the headlight housing in place. Much less hassle than LED, and pretty good results for what I spent, given that I didn't do a full retrofit.
I understand your concern about the hids versus leds and space to install them, example, we have installed hids in the 2017 Yukon/Thaoe and low beams hids are extremely easy to installa, you can just use 3M Double sided tape and place it close to the low beams back housing, it has plenty of space, also for high beams, you can use our led kit and it fit all led kit inside the houisng high beams caps., no cables hanging down or anything like that.

Also our hid kit has been tested and is the only hid kit that works with latest 2013+ vehicles with no problems. We provide the only most advance hid kit in the market with no issues, no error messages or flickering. We also have tested this kit in the 2000+ years and its an amazing kit, super easy to install, all plug and play, direct fitment.

For any questions or concerns, you guys are more than welcome to ask me, I am here to help. Thanks

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your concern about the hids versus leds and space to install them, example, we have installed hids in the 2017 Yukon/Thaoe and low beams hids are extremely easy to installa, you can just use 3M Double sided tape and place it close to the low beams back housing, it has plenty of space, also for high beams, you can use our led kit and it fit all led kit inside the houisng high beams caps., no cables hanging down or anything like that.

Also our hid kit has been tested and is the only hid kit that works with latest 2013+ vehicles with no problems. We provide the only most advance hid kit in the market with no issues, no error messages or flickering. We also have tested this kit in the 2000+ years and its an amazing kit, super easy to install, all plug and play, direct fitment.

For any questions or concerns, you guys are more than welcome to ask me, I am here to help. Thanks

The original poster said he has a 2006. His lights are going to be much different than the the 2017 models, and even different than the 2013 models. Im not saying he shouldn't buy HIDs from you. I'm just answering his question about what LEDs are like to use and how it's easier in his particular model to go with LED because it requires far less work and is a cheaper option than HID for his model.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, here is the link for the items you are looking for

https://vanquishauto.com/headlight-bulb-high-beam-9079.html

https://vanquishauto.com/h1-g55-xenon-hid-conversion-kit-led-super-bright-replacement-88.html

OP
OP
M

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vanquish auto should be banned! I don't appreciate him trying to push his hids off on me, and he does not seem to understand that i don't want to dick around with hids. I'll just stay with my basic halogen bulbs if I can't find a LED kit that works well in these older projector housings..........

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vanquish auto should be banned! I don't appreciate him trying to push his hids off on me, and he does not seem to understand that i don't want to dick around with hids. I'll just stay with my basic halogen bulbs if I can't find a LED kit that works well in these older projector housings..........
Well like I said before I have leds in my denali projectors and they work fantastic. Let me know if you want more info on them.