Push bar on a hybrid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperKal

Reaction score
Brackets were inserted and bolted up.

The tow hooks were not there but the holes for the mounting were already in the frame. Had to get new bolts from the hardware store since the instructions say to use the existing.

Also had to cut away a little extra of the bumper cover on the outer side of each bracket in order to ensure a straight bracket fit.

Attachments

• P3_1.jpg
    P3_1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 49

SuperKal

Reaction score
And...... here we have the finished version.

The bar ended up a little low on the passenger side and we tried to adjust it however there is only minimal height adjustment and this is as close as we could get.

We did cut the tow hook covers and reinstall them for a cleaner look.

Few extra differences specific to the Hybrid:

1. Had to trim the lower corner of the push bar since it was making contact and digging into the bumper. Since I got the aluminum version, it was not too bad to trim

2. Had to get bolts from the hardware store since the Hybrid does not have tow hooks installed.

Other than that, it is a solid fit and very well made. The brackets are super heavy duty and the paint finish on the bar and brackets is excellent.

Sorry about the multiple posts but this is the only way I could figure out to do this.

Kal.

P4_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kal, that looks great! Thanks for the pictures.

Decrow

Reaction score
Thank you Kal, for the post.
Do you know what caused the passenger side to sit lower, any Ideas on a fix?

Hauntedyards

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is good news... Can you tell me the Setina Model number of this bumper fit anyone? Is this the Tahoe version?

SuperKal

Reaction score
Yes it is the Tahoe version.

The Setina number for mine is BK0534TAH07

This is the Aluminum version.

Kal.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Thank you Kal, for the post.
Do you know what caused the passenger side to sit lower, any Ideas on a fix?

It appears the mounting bracket has an adjusting screw towards the rear where it attaches to the frame. When adjusted, it changes the horizontal balance of the bracket by acting as a pivot. We adjusted as much as possible.

The only fix I can think of is to add a shim onto the bolt, on top of the bracket.

Just did not have time when we installed and at this point I cannot be bothered.

Kal.

Hauntedyards

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Kal... that should fit a non-hybrid 2009 Yukon then I guess... I have the tow hooks.

SuperKal

Reaction score
It should be an easier install than mine since there should be no cutting of the bumper needed.

Got mine from mhq.com. They had the best price and they actually carry it in stock and delivered in 2 days.

Good luck.

Kal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel